Lost Property desk is a service provided by ATLANTIS SAS, registered company located 9 chemin du Vieux Chêne - 38240 MEYLAN, France, under registration number B 815 409 990.
The above provisions have been stated to the French Commission Nationale Informatique et Liberté, registered under reference number 1652142. These provisions do not prevent the handing over or transfer of all or a part of our activities to one or several parties.
2. Data we collect
It is possible to access the Site without creating a Member account. However, in order to provide you with the best possible service, we may collect and process the following personal information or data about you:
- Information required to register with the Site or to access other services provided by us. This includes account creation information (your name, address, date of birth, your e-mail address and a password), and a record of your activities on the Site (such as: Listing you created, details of your visits, information we may require from you when you report a problem with the Site). Account creation information is necessary so that you may take advantage of all the services we offer.
- Information is also gathered without you actively providing it, through the use of various technologies and methods such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and cookies. These methods do not collect or store personal information.
- An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), so you can access the Internet. It is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address can only be traced back to your ISP or the large company or organisation that provides your internet access (such as your employer if you are at work). It is used to optimise the connection to our Site.
3. Subscription cancellation right
At any time, you can unsubscribe from marketing communications from us. To exercise this right, use our contact page or the link embedded in our communication messages.
4. Personal data: Modification and access
You have the right to access, modify and/or delete data about yourself. To exercise this right, go to your member’s area and modify your profile directly online, or use our contact page.
5. Purpose of collecting personal information
Our primary purpose in collecting Personal Information is to manage the Site in putting Owners and Finders in contact with one another while maintaining a safe, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your Personal Information to:
- provide the Services and support you request;
- troubleshoot problems;
- measure and improve our Services and Content;
- tell you about our Services and those of our affiliates and partners, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Your e-mail and postal addresses are used by us to bill you, and if you are an Owner searching for a lost item, to send you other necessary information.
The contact information of the member (first and last name, address and phone number) will never be displayed on the site.
6. Data we share
Our Members are identified on the Site by user name/Alias, which can be modified at any time in the Member Account. Their lost or found Items might be viewable by other Members and by Lost Property Offices agents partnering with us.
We do not disclose any information you provide via the Site to any third parties except:
- As part of our connection process and in order to provide our services, information may be passed to an Owner if you are a Finder.
- We may disclose Personal Information to respond to legal requirements or obligations. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to prevent the community from bad behaviours, we will not otherwise disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity;
- In order to enforce our Policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates our Policies or the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety;
- Other than as set out above, we shall not disclose any of your personal information unless you give us permission to do so.
If we charge you any fees or collect any money from you in relation to any services on the Site, including any sponsorship money, credit or debit card payments will be collected by our payment processor.
7. Our Users
We and our Users do not tolerate unsolicited messages. You are not licensed to add other Lost Property desk Users, to any mailing list without their express consent.
8. Password and Security
Any act carried out using your password and your e-mail address is entirely your own responsibility. Therefore, you agree not to disclose this information to anyone. If for any reason you think your password has been compromised, you should immediately modify your password via your Member login area.
9. Notification and modification
Cookies are a piece of data stored to improve navigation by remembering information entered, such as passwords. Cookies are generally small temporary files stored on your hard disk and usually remain only for the duration of your session.
They are aimed at keeping you connected when using the Site, and providing us with anonymous statistics.
You can choose not to accept cookies to be stored on your device, however, you might not be able to make full use of our online services.
11. Head of Processing
If you would like to contact us about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can use our contact page.